Labels

Wednesday 6 November 2013

OUGD403 - Studio Brief 2 - Illustrator Typeface

Creating a Typeface on Illustrator

Having not used Illustrator before I found the workshops extremely useful. I quickly found a way to generate the desired effect on my type using the a series of lines mapped over a letter and using the warp tool I was able to accurately adjust the curves to fit with in the letters. 







Here I have shown what the letters look like after removing the stroke. I spoke to a couple of people on what they thought of the type face as I thought it was working however the legibility was becoming an issue and the format was difficult because of the individual lines around the letters. The feedback I got was primarily the same and the type as a whole lost consistency due to the lines being too distorted in areas compared to others. 



In response to this I started to create the second idea I had which was also recommended in the crit. Here I have shown how I have created cut in the letters, drawing a shape around the section of the letter I wanted to remove and using 'Minus Front' option in the Pathfinder window. 









No comments:

Post a Comment