Labels

Friday 15 November 2013

OUGD403 Evaluation

During this module I have gained a lot of new skills through the variation of the briefs and design workshops. A large proportion of this module was typography based which is an area of graphic design I have a great interest in and found the things I learnt in our sessions with Fred to be incredibly beneficial. These sessions strongly informed my practise and  through the decisions I made in the briefs running alongside them.  

We worked on producing two typefaces for two of the five briefs we were set and were encouraged to work both by hand and digitally through programs such as Illustrator. Producing hand rendered work, especially for typefaces, was a useful approach in terms of developing concepts and a range of experiments. I really enjoyed brief 1 where this was put into practise then combined with Illustrator to form brief 2. The most challenging part of this module for me was the delivery of brief 5 where we were tasked in creating 3 posters relating to a news story. I hadn't previously had a project which had significant restrictions in terms of format, colours and content of the posters and I was difficult to produce a piece especially for the image only poster which voiced an opinion. If I could revisit brief 5 I would have liked to explore a few other ways of communicating my topic as I was drawn to one idea from early on. It was interesting to see what other students were producing and their own interpretations through critiques and presentations where constructive feedback was given.


No comments:

Post a Comment