Labels

Thursday 1 May 2014

Creating a Publication (A4 Newsprint)

I decided to name the publication 'The Way We Feel' as it links to the title of my essay 'Advertising doesn’t sell things; all advertising does is change the way people think or feel' I also made it clear that it was about advertising on the front cover design so people but not too direct so to make people curious about it.   






I took a section of my introduction to create the opening page to give an idea of advertisings presence in everyday life. The type used is Blender an clean alternative sans-serif typeface with 3 different weights which I have used appropriately throughout my publication.

  


Originally I wanted to create a layer of acetate or tracing paper to overlay on top of the adverts with annotations/notes pointing out the ploys of the advert to make you want to buy it which I had used during the research from my essay.   


As the publication was text heavy I wanted to break it up using white space, images and larger fonts as quotes which all fit within the grid system. 







I began to test print to see if the 9 point size was legible enough and if anything else needed adjusting before I took it to be digitally printed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment